Unions 21 webinars: A how-to guide
BLOG / 14.04.20
For now the Unions 21 masterclasses will be online. So that you can get as much out of them, we've put together a quick how-to guide.
We are using Crowdcast to host our masterclasses. To join any of our events:
(1) Click the 'Register now' button for the event you'd like to join. Our events page here has the up to date list of masterclasses.
(2) Click on 'Save my spot'.
(3) You will then be prompted to register your details with Crowdcast via email.
(4) You will receive an email to confirm your registration, along with the option to add the event to your calendar.
You will now be able to join the scheduled webinar by visiting the page when the event occurs.
Our Masterclasses will follow the same format for each event. Executive Director Becky Wright will chair and introduce the theme and speaker. This will be followed by a presentation from our speaker(s), concluding with a Q & A.
Like any of our events you can get involved. Here's how:
(1) Chat lets you directly communicate with the host and other attendees before, during, and after an event. It can be accessed on the right hand side of the video feed. If you are having any technical issues, you can raise this here and we will help you. We ask that you keep chat between attendees to a minimum, just as in a real life event.
(2) Questions & Answers are in a tab just below the video feed. This is where you can submit any questions to the speakers. We encourage you to see what other colleagues have asked before submitting yours. If there is something similar raised or just a really good question, you can 'upvote' them. In the event of there being a lot of questions, we'll answer them in the order of popularity.
(3) Invite on screen if you can and are happy to, we'll invite you to come on screen and ask your question or share your experience. If you want a question answered make sure to have your video and audio ready!
(4) Replay video allows you to rewatch the webinar any time you like, just make sure you are registered with Crowdcast.
We look forward to welcoming you to our masterclasses, if you have any more questions just get in touch and click below for direct links to our webinars.
- Join our webinar 'Creating a digital plan to meet your strategic aims' (May 14-10am)
- Join our webinar 'Using digital to keep in touch with members (May 21-10am)
- Join our webinar 'Creating engaging email and social media content' (May 28-10am)
- Watch Unions 21 Masterclass 'Managing a remote team'
- Watch Unions 21 Masterclass 'Digital tools for organising'
- Watch Unions 21 Masterclass 'Effective messaging during a crisis'